- Examine & Make Safe/Comp A - Step 1 (Rockbreaking Qualification) 18 - 21 January 2021
- Blasting Assistant - Surface Mines/Quarries - Step 2 (Rockbreaking Qualification) 1 - 3 February 2021
- Blasting Practices - Surface Mines/Quarries - Step 3 (Rockbreaking Qualification) 30 November - 3 December 2020
Based on registered Qualifications/Skills Programmes/Unit Standards, these short courses range from 2-5 days in length and are designed to provide the knowledge component of the various Unit Standards. Practical assignments at specific sites/laboratories/etc, form part of some of the courses.
Statements of Results are issued confirming the core knowledge achievements gained – this comprises the ‘must know’ section of an assessment. Thereafter, candidates will be required to undergo ‘on-the-job’ assessments as a separate exercise to complete the competency.
There is a requirement for completion of practical exercises and work experience as well as on the job assessment. Candidates will need to have access to the pit/quarry and be in a position to complete the practical exercises and relative work experience as well as having a supervisor/manager who can mentor them prior to being assessed on the job.
Where possible, lectures and assessments may be combined.
OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH & SAFETY REPRESENTATIVES TRAINING
Xtract Training Services offers the Skills Programme (MQA/SP/0120/10) for Occupational Health and Safety activities for Part Time/Workplace Representatives and Shop Stewards in the Mining and Minerals industry. This is the approved 10 day course which includes assessment and issue of a MQA Statement of Attainment that is acceptable for Discretionary Grant purposes.
For further information, please contact our offices on 010 591 4343 or 071 560 1618.
Seminars can be presented on specific subjects such as ISO 14000, SHEQ, etc., according to the requirements of the Client. A Certificate of Attendance is issued to candidates.
Team building workshops are designed to be practical and effective and incorporate problem-solving exercises that will enable the candidates to interact to resolve challenges successfully.
TOY-TOY Workshops offer an opportunity to companies, organisations and individuals to make a difference in the lives of underprivileged children by rolling up their sleeves, having some fun, bonding on a team building intervention and learning new skills. These workshops, run in conjunction with Round Square Pallet Solutions, offer a facilitated team building experience with a slant towards Corporate Social Investment . Basic wooden toys are manufactured during the workshop from scrap timber using only hand tools or portable electrical equipment and no woodworking expertise is required. The intention is that besides experiencing a unique team-building exercise, the toys made during the workshop will then be donated to a variety of charities caring for underpriveleged children.
Certificates are awarded for CSI purposes.
There has been a growing trend to outsource training services in a variety of industries. The benefits of this form of training include: reduced maintenance costs; increased productivity and improved operator awareness and competency to ensure industry specific safe operating practices.
Training and subsequent on-the-job assessment is conducted on-site using the client’s own equipment by highly qualified, efficient and effective trainers. Length of training will be dependent upon operator’s previous experience if any and quotes are made accordingly.
- Experienced, registered assessors and moderators are available to assess the various Unit Standards and coach, if necessary. Moderation is done on +/-10% of all assessments carried out by Xtract Training Services SA (Pty) Ltd.
- A moderation service is offered to ensure that your own assessors are maintaining the high standards essential to ensure effective competence.
- A certification service whereby Xtract Training Services SA (Pty) Ltd will register learner achievements with the Mining Qualifications Authority is available.
Please contact us for specific requirements.